A world-class musical experience in your own backyard!
Participants, please complete the following survey:
MMVA is THRILLED to announce that Broadway conductor Richard Carsey will be in residence and on-site for three days of our festival. Each participant (up to 40) will get a chance to receive feedback from Richard. This is an opportunity you won't want to miss!
The Mid-Michigan Voice Academy
The Academy is designed for singers (ages 13 through adulthood) of all skill levels. The ability to read music is not required, but helpful.
Participants will have daily Skype "Talk Back" sessions with professional musicians with local ties.
Confirmed 2017 guests include:
- Katie Travis of Bay City, currently playing Christine in the national tour of The Phantom of the Opera
- Celia Keenan-Bolger of Detroit, Tony Nominee and leading Broadway performer
Participants will have the opportunity to attend daily masterclasses with master teachers from the region. Participants will be able to sing, in one masterclass if they so choose.
Committed teachers for 2017 include:
- Richard Carsey - conductor of The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway
- Professor Jeffrey Springer - voice faculty member at Central Michigan University
- Emily Marvosh - internationally acclaimed contralto and chamber musician
- Dr. Scott Piper - voice faculty at the University of Michigan
Participants will sing in daily Mid-Michigan Singers choral rehearsals and participate in the concert at the beautiful Midland Center for the Arts.
For more information about our faculty, please visit the following: http://www.midmichigansingers.com/faculty.html
For more information about the daily schedule, please visit:http://www.midmichigansingers.com/voice-academy.html
Tuition is $115 to sing in the masterclass (limited to 40 singers).
Tuition is $95 for those who intend to audit.